Yes, we have been very quiet for a long time, and quiet means busy! Almost one year ago we launched FunctionThemes together with our portfolio theme called PhotoSquares. We had very clear target – create very simple, customizable theme for creating portfolio type websites.
Within this year we had great success and many happy customers. However we thought we can do even better, so we started work on new version of PhotoSquares and today I’m happy to announce – it’s finally here!
You are probably interested what’s new in PhotoSquares2, right?
First of all it’s totally rewritten. We wanted to create solid framework not only for this theme but for our next products. We improved a lot of things in code to met best standarts of WP development.
New features in PhotoSquares2:
- Floating thumbnails – display thumbnails in different aspect ratio, depending on size of original image.
- Social buttons – add links to your social profiles from admin panel setting page.
- Excluding categories from main page – this feature was requested by many users. It will allow to exclude certain categories from showing in main page (for example blog category).
- Custom fonts – choose any font from Google Web Fonts.
- Improved design – we have added 5 color templates to the theme also we kept all the customization options within the theme, so you can easily change
Check out this introduction video:
These are just some of the most important features we have added and hope you wil appreciate these changes. Let us know what you think!
We will roll out this update four existing customers for free.
Please note: This update is not compatible with PhotoSquares V.1 and all custom changes you made need to be ported to PhotoSquares2 after install. If you have any questions regarding update don’t hesitate to contact us!